Monday, October 17, 2011

Research (?)

Research is not my biggest area of interest when it comes to writing. I have done a research paper once and it was not the best experience for me to say the least. When it comes to researching things I have problems with knowing what to take from my research, and how to elaborate on it. It is hard for me to process what I should say about the things I take from the research when it comes to actually discussing it in a paper . Once I understand something it comes very easy for me to write on it, but with research I don’t really know if the things I understand are relevant to discuss in my paper. Research to me is taking a broader topic and putting it into context in the way you want to look at it. When doing research I often question how to look at the topic? What do I want to figure out about the topic? And are the sources I use good sources? I have basic knowledge on research but my researching skills could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment